Photo Details: Ridgeons Operations Board
Back row – L – R – Bob Butler, Hugh Guntrip, Ian Northen, Ben Giddings
Front Row – L – R – Jeremy Slee, John Lawes, Catherine Dann, Richard Gray
Ridgeons, the East of England’s largest independent Timber and Builders Merchants, has announced that it has formed an Operations Board to draw on the skills and experience of existing colleagues and support the company’s continued growth.
The Operations Board will consist of existing Executive Board members, Ian Northen, Chief Executive, Richard Gray, Group Operations Director, Jeremy Slee, Timber and Logistics Director and John Lawes, Finance Director, as well as four newly appointed roles.
The four new positions have been filled by existing Ridgeons staff members, who have all been promoted internally. The promotions are as follows:
Bob Butler has been promoted to the role of Director of Merchant Purchasing, reflecting his 33 years of experience in the business.
Hugh Guntrip has been promoted to the role of Director of Merchants Cambridge.
Ben Giddings has been promoted to the role of Director of Merchant Sales, reflecting his overall responsibility for the external sales teams. Ben will be the “voice of the customer” on the Operations Board.
Catherine Dann has been promoted to the role of Acting Head of HR and will help to develop Ridgeons’ people strategy with a focus on the Ridgeons development program.
Ian Northen, Chief Executive, Ridgeon Group, said: “The Executive Directors and I have been delighted with the performance of the business so far in 2017, which is thanks to the hard work and dedication of nearly 900 staff.
To support our continued growth, we are keen to draw on a broader range of skills and experience, so are forming this Operations Board to drive and support business performance.
I am confident that Bob, Ben, Hugh, and Catherine will add a positive dynamic, along with years of experience to the new Operations Board and look forward to working closely with them in our next phase of development.”
Ridgeons is one of the largest independently owned builders’ merchants in the UK and trades from 26 merchant branches in the East of England.
Ridgeon Group also includes PlumbStock, Anglia Tool Centre, Ridgeons Forest Products and CRS Wholesale. Turnover stands at £160 million per annum and Ridgeons Group employs around 900 people.
For more information on Ridgeons or Plumbstock please visit www.ridgeons.co.uk
For more information and media enquiries please contact Genesis PR:
Notes to Editors
- Ridgeons is one of the UK’s largest independent Timber and Builders Merchants with 26 branches across the East of England.
- The Ridgeons Group incorporates Ridgeons Timber & Builders Merchants, PlumbStock, Anglia Tool Centre, Ridgeons Forest Products and CRS Wholesale. Turnover stands at £160 million per annum and Ridgeons Group employs around 850 people.
- The company’s mission has stayed the same since 1911 – to make it easier for their customers to do business. Each branch has qualified, informed staff on hand to help with any building needs quickly and effectively with excellent customer service and product knowledge.
- Ridgeons’ client base includes tradespeople, construction workers, builders, plumbing & heating engineers, developers, the public sector and DIY. Customers can purchase in store for collection or delivery.
- With an extensive range of products including bricks, timber solutions, kitchens and bathrooms, plumbing and heating, through to paints and fixings, Ridgeons has the solution to meet all building project requirements.
- Ridgeons is a fourth-generation family owned business which was founded in 1911 by Cyril Ridgeon at his home in Cambridge. It is committed to its customers, employees, suppliers and business partners as well as to the local communities in which it trades.
- For more information and all branch details visit ridgeons.co.uk