Ridgeons, the East of England’s largest independent Timber and Builders Merchants, kicked off their fundraising efforts for their two-year partnership with EACH by smashing their initial £3,000 target and raising over £4,000 for the charity.
Ridgeons and PlumbStock staff across East Anglia baked, bought and ate cakes as part of EACH’s recent fundraising event. Some branches also went the extra mile by creating and selling hanging baskets, holding dress down days and ‘guess the baby photo’ competitions, while additional fundraising events by staff members include skydives and a 6-a-side football tournament.
Ian Northen, Chief Executive of Ridgeon Group commented: “We chose EACH as our charity partner for the next two years as it is a local charity and many of its hospices are close to our branches across the region. To have already raised over 10% of our two year target for them is fantastic. A huge thank you to all of the branches and individuals who have spent a lot of their spare time baking, creating and even skydiving!”
Ridgeon Group chose EACH as their charity for the next two years in March 2017. The company has pledged to raise at least £30k in that time colleagues and branches will be holding events throughout the years to help hit and exceed the fundraising target.
EACH cares for 368 children and young people with a life-threatening condition across Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, and supports 459 family members.
Children’s Hospice Week is coordinated by the UK’s umbrella charity for children’s palliative care, Together For Short Lives. It is the only awareness and fundraising week for these remarkable children and families, as well as the amazing children’s hospice and palliative care services that support them across the country.
Notes to Editors
- Ridgeons is one of the UK’s largest independent Timber and Builders Merchants with 26 branches across the East of England.
- Ridgeon Group incorporates Ridgeons Timber & Builders Merchants, PlumbStock, Anglia Tool Centre, Ridgeons Forest Products and CRS Wholesale. Turnover stands at £160 million per annum and Ridgeons Group employs around 850 people.
- The company’s mission has stayed the same since 1911 – to make it easier for their customers to do business. Each branch has qualified, informed staff on hand to help with any building needs quickly and effectively with excellent customer service and product knowledge.
- Ridgeons’ client base includes tradespeople, construction workers, builders, plumbing & heating engineers, developers, the public sector and DIY. Customers can purchase in store for collection or delivery.
- With an extensive range of products including bricks, timber solutions, kitchens and bathrooms, plumbing and heating, through to paints and fixings, Ridgeons has the solution to meet all building project requirements.
- Ridgeons is a fourth-generation family owned business which was founded in 1911 by Cyril Ridgeon at his home in Cambridge. It is committed to its customers, employees, suppliers and business partners as well as to the local communities in which it trades.
- For more information and all branch details visit ridgeons.co.uk