Ridgeons, the leading independent timber and builders’ merchant in the East of England, recently honoured the long service and achievements of 64 employees at its 20th annual Long Service Awards reception.
Accumulating an impressive 815 years’ combined service between them, employees from 16 of the group’s 26 branches, came together and joined Ridgeons’ directors and family members for a dedicated celebratory lunch at the Green Light Centre in Pampisford, Cambridge.
Four employees were recognised for twenty years of service, twenty-seven employees for fifteen years and thirty-three employees for ten years. Individuals were presented with a certificate in acknowledgment of their continued commitment to the business.
Director Gordon Ridgeon, who hosted the event, said: “Now in its 20th year, the Ridgeons’ Long Service Awards luncheon is a very uplifting occasion that I will always look forward to presenting. The awards are the perfect opportunity for the Ridgeons’ family and directors to come together and celebrate the commitment and loyalty of our ever-growing team across all 26 branches.
“Relationships are at the very heart of our business. The dedication to go the extra mile we see in all our staff every day is key to building the trusting relationships we have with our customers and something that we believe should be celebrated.”
Ian Northen, CEO and the Executive Directors attended on both days of the event. Ridgeons’ Chairman, Dalton Phillips and new Operational Director, Richard Gray, who were appointed in recent months were also in attendance, along with Amanda Smith a family director. All directors were able to meet and congratulate the employees who received awards.
For more information about Ridgeons and to find your nearest branch visit www.Ridgeons.co.uk.
For more information and media enquiries please contact Genesis PR:
Phoebe Campbell – email@example.com 01473 326 435
Jack Abbott – firstname.lastname@example.org 01473 326 744
Notes to Editors
- Ridgeons is one of the UK’s largest independent Timber and Builders Merchants with 26 branches across the East of England.
- Ridgeon Group incorporates Ridgeons Timber & Builders Merchants, PlumbStock, Anglia Tool Centre, Ridgeons Forest Products and CRS Wholesale. Turnover stands at £160 million per annum and Ridgeons Group employs around 850 people.
- The company’s mission has stayed the same since 1911 – to make it easier for their customers to do business. Each branch has qualified, informed staff on hand to help with any building needs quickly and effectively with excellent customer service and product knowledge.
- Ridgeons’ client base includes tradespeople, construction workers, builders, plumbing & heating engineers, developers, the public sector and DIY. Customers can purchase in store for collection or delivery.
- With an extensive range of products including bricks, timber solutions, kitchens and bathrooms, plumbing and heating, through to paints and fixings, Ridgeons has the solution to meet all building project requirements.
- Ridgeons is a fourth-generation family owned business which was founded in 1911 by Cyril Ridgeon at his home in Cambridge. It is committed to its customers, employees, suppliers and business partners as well as to the local communities in which it trades.
- For more information and all branch details visit ridgeons.co.uk